HandiWALL® vs. Standard Fiberboard Slatwall
Comparison of overall cost, durability, and aesthetics
Because of the significant weight differences, HandiWALL® is much easier and quicker to install. Generally speaking, installing standard 4' by 8' sheets of fiberboard slatwall requires two people, whereas installing HandiWALL® only requires one person. This drastically reduces the amount of man-hours to complete an installation which in turn reduces the overall cost of a build-out or renovation. Also no metal inserts are required to be purchased separately to strengthen the holding power of the panel as with the old fiberboard panels thus saving you even more money.
Length of Service Life:
HandiWALL® offers a much longer service life than standard fiberboard slatwall. Standard fiberboard slatwall is made of wood particles/flakes, a material that is known to be unreliable over time. HandiWALL® is made entirely out of cellular PVC which retains its structural form over time and will not chip or break like fiberboard is known to do. This creates savings in that HandiWALL® panels do not need to be replaced nearly as often, if ever, compared to fiberboard slatwall which notoriously chips, scratches, warps, and disintegrates.
Retaining the Brand-New Look - HandiWALL® PVC slatwall system is colored throughout, meaning it will never show scratches. fiberboard slatwall, on the other hand, will always show the slightest imperfection as it only has a thin layer of coloring on the outside of the product. In addition to not showing scratches, HandiWALL® can be cleaned and maintained simply by wiping it down with a damp cloth. Immune to Water Damage - It is well known that standard fiberboard slatwall cannot be used outside or in high humidity and must be kept dry at all times, otherwise the product will deteriorate and warp. HandiWALL® is impervious to water damage and can be used for both interior and exterior installations.
HandiWALL® is 50% stronger than standard fiberboard slatwall which allows users to hang more weight from hooks and store heavier items on shelves. HandiWALL® can hold 100 lbs per hook or accessory attachment point so if for instance you needed a shelf that can hold two hundred pounds of weight you would use two shelf brackets to hold up the shelf, etc. Also no metal inserts are required to be purchased separately to strengthen the holding power of the panel as with fiberboard panels.
HandiWALL® Product Features:
- Manufactured in the USA with blended Cellular PVC material that is tested and listed with Underwriters Laboratories
- 100% Recyclable with a resin classification of 3.
- Strong and durable
- Water and moisture proof, easy to clean
- Smooth satin finish and graining for wood colors provides a high-end aesthetic appeal
- Scratch resistant with normal use. Color pigment is throughout making scratches easily repairable and less noticeable
- Color-coordinated installation screws and trim
- Profile dimensions: 6″ x 11/16″
- Compatible with all standard 3 inch spaced slatwall accessories such as storeWALL, Organized Living/Schulte, etc. (All slatwall accessories we sell on this site will work with either our HandiWALL or VersaTrac brand panels.
HandiWALL® Technical and Quality Attributes:
- Fire-tested by independent laboratory (ASTM E84 Test) ranks HandiWALL® in Grade A (index of 15) for flame spread
- 3″ On center slats, 6 ” high (includes ¼“ for tongue and groove connection)
- Meets our ISO certified manufacturing process and is quality tested to be compliant with the ISO 9001:2008 standard:
- Length, Form, Fit and Function including shape of slats, connection of panels, assembly of slatwall accessories is tested
- Incoming Quality Control for color and materials requirements for lot consistency
- Strength testing every production run via in-house calibrated fixture
- First piece inspection to match control plan specifications
- Product is measured for conformity to requirements:
- Final audit of manufactured product includes In process inspections, color match, and length
Shipping by UPS only.